At Bituminous Roadways, Inc. (BR), our quality and award-winning asphalt paving services can only be possible through the hard work and dedication of our committed employees. We consider our staff to be family, which is why we continue to offer our workers with the most competitive benefits and accommodating perks you’ll find within our industry.
As recent reports indicate there are nearly 6.6 million open jobs available within the skilled labor field, we want to enlighten potential job candidates to the application process here at BR. If you’re interested in working with some of the best asphalt paving contractors in the business, here’s how you can apply for a position at Bituminous Roadways.
Know Our Expectations
Before you can join our ever growing, team-oriented workplace, it’s important to consider our expectations of candidates, as well as expectations you have of an employer. If you’re looking for a reputable business that’s been operating for more than 75 years, look no further than BR. Since 1946, we’ve been providing our employees with industry-leading benefit packages, paid training courses, generous compensation, and a variety of career advancement opportunities.
As for what we expect from our employees, the bottom line is we want someone who will work as hard for us as we will work for them. Regardless of your experience or education background, we are constantly in pursuit of motivated and driven individuals who are also committed to contributing to a safe and respectful work environment.
Assess Your Experience
No matter what your previous industry experience is, odds are there’s a position you can fill that you’ll be more than qualified for at our asphalt paving company. At BR, we categorize our job openings by the amount of a candidate’s experience, ranging from 1-3 years of experience, 3-5 years of experience, and more than 5 years of experience.
We encourage applicants to apply for positions that best suit their qualifications, while we also take character, background, and general disposition into account.
Online Application Submission
When you find a job opening that looks appealing to you, click on the position title to learn more about the job summary, responsibilities, preferred experience, expectations, and benefits about the selected occupation. If a position title doesn’t necessarily fit your qualifications, please use the “Other Positions” title. If everything seems up to par for you, click the ‘apply’ button under the job title heading, which will first lead you to the next series of steps in the application process:
- Upload your resume at the resume upload page. If you do not have a resume available, be sure to include your work history in the questions section.
- After your resume is uploaded, proceed by providing us with your contact information.
- Once you’ve completed this section, you’ll move forward by answering a series of survey questions that help us better understand you as an applicant, followed by a standard Voluntary Affirmative Action Questionnaire, required by all employers to conduct.
- When you’ve completed the surveys, all you’ll have to do is agree to our employment opportunity terms and conditions, then you can officially submit your application for the job opening.
- Upon submission, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. As your information is reviewed, if our hiring managers feel you have a fit for one of our positions, they will reach out to schedule an interview with you directly.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Here at BR, we pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer for applicants of all backgrounds. We prohibit any and all forms of discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected status or characteristic.
In fact, every year, BR develops various affirmative action programs that are created to support our commitment to equal employment opportunities to encourage people of all walks of life to apply for our job openings.
Start Your New Career at Bituminous Roadways
If you’re intrigued at the prospect of working at BR, we can’t wait to hear from you! You can always stay up-to-date with the latest job openings at BR through our careers page. We encourage you to contact us to learn more about all of the employment opportunities at this leading asphalt paving contractor in the Twin Cities metro area.