At Bituminous Roadways, we work hard to produce high-quality results for our customers. Every time our crew members work together to Estimate a project, manage a job site and install asphalt, they have the opportunity to impact lives through their work.
Are you interested in joining our team? We are always looking for hardworking candidates to take on various positions! One of the particularly vital roles within our company is the GPS Technician. Check out the details below, then head to our career page to explore openings.
GPS Technician Responsibilities
Our GPS Technicians hold many important responsibilities, which is why you should have a thorough understanding of the expectations for the role before applying. As a GPS Technician at Bituminous Roadways, you must be prepared to handle:
- Working with Other Crewmembers | The GPS Technician works with Superintendents, Estimators, and Foremen to ensure accuracy and assist in project completion and troubleshoot. Because of these necessary interactions, as an applicant, you should be able to work with other people respectfully and efficiently.
- Converting Drawings and Models | GPS Technicians work with 2D drawings and site surveys and convert them into 3D models. You will need to have the knowledge or the ability to learn how to complete this task in order to be successful in your role.
- Communicating and Mentoring Other Employees | As experts in GPS and rover technology, our GPS Technicians are responsible for mentoring and coaching other employees on the operations of various pieces of equipment. This requires the ability to communicate effectively with other people.
GPS Technician Skills
The GPS Technician is an extremely vital role at Bituminous Roadways. Because of the importance this position holds, there are a number of skills you must also possess:
- Attention to Detail | The GPS Technician has many responsibilities for each project, which means candidates must value accuracy with everything they do in order to be considered for the position. Whether you’re preparing machine control files or conducting a site analysis for a customer, you must be able to pay close attention to every detail.
- Certification | This job requires prior knowledge and experience on the various responsibilities. It is preferred that applicants have a degree in Civil Engineering or a Civil Technician degree with an emphasis on surveying or AutoCAD.
- Computer Skills | A GPS Technician must be computer savvy. Computer skills are needed to complete a number of responsibilities, such as converting 2D drawings into 3D models and surveying projects for curb and grade verification.
- Project Management | Applicants must also possess strong organizational skills in order to get each task done in a timely and efficient manner. Candidates with previous experience planning and organizing projects are ideal.
GPS Technician Benefits
In addition to meeting certain requirements and preparing to take on a number of duties, you should also keep in mind the various benefits associated with this role.
- Holiday Season | GPS Technicians typically have a season that lasts about 35 weeks. The season usually ends around Thanksgiving, which means you will most likely have the end of the year and the beginning of the new year open to plan trips and spend time with family.
- Insurance Benefits | Our GPS Technicians have access to competitive insurance benefits, including vision, dental, and health. These benefits also carry through the off-season, so you will never have to be without coverage.
- Paid Training | At Bituminous Roadways, we want our employees to feel confident in their jobs, which is why we provide ongoing paid training. As a GPS Technician, you can expect to receive the initial proper guidance and information to succeed at your job.
- Advancement Opportunities | We almost always aim to promote within the company, which means you have the opportunity to advance in your position.
Apply at Bituminous Roadways Today!
At Bituminous Roadways, we strive to be the leading asphalt pavement company in Minnesota. Qualified and skilled employees help us deliver a high quality, finished product at every job site. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our team, fill out an application today. We look forward to learning more about you!